Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jammin' to the Tunes

I
want to rock and roll all n-i-g-h-t
and party every day!

Now, if you are familiar with this song, you immediately started jamming out inside your head, or even perhaps outloud, as soon as you saw those words. Admit it! There are certain songs that just stick with you (whether you want them to or not) and evoke certain moods or memories.

Right now I'm trying to get psyched up. Got the usual three services under my belt this morning, but I have two more to do yet today. One this afternoon at the nursing home, and the Rogation service tonight. And I'm pooped. So bring on the power of musical persuasion! Yes, I am young, yes I have energy, yes I can move mountains!!!! Bring it on! I....wanna rock and roll all night, and party every day!



I might buy into it better if my birthday wasn't next weekend.



For the nursing home service I'm either going to do a simplified version of my "Rock" sermon from this morning, which went over well, or a ramped up version of my "Follow the Map" children's sermon from this morning, which also went well. The feel of the crowd will help make the decision, if they're pretty alert, I'll do the former. If they're out of it, I'll do the latter. With this particular bunch, usually they're there for the singing, and the rest is a blur.

For the Rogation service, I have NO idea what I'm doing. Apparantly all of us ministerial pastors and priests just show up, and choose what we want to do. The last few to arrive get stuck with the parts no one else wants. I've never been to this service before, and I'm not sure where the building is where it is being held, so my plans are to get to town early!

I
want to sleep like a log all night
and stay sane all day!

No comments: