Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Five: What you positively cannot leave home without!

This week's RevGalBlogPals' Friday Five question is: what are the five things you simply must have when you are away from home? And why? Any history or goofy things, or stories?

1. Cash - you just never know when it will come in handy. There are times when credit cards just aren't a good idea, or aren't accepted. Plus, it's a bit of a secrity blanket, you feel ready for anything!

2. Something to read - if there is a moment of down time, I NEED something to read, no question. Or there will be trouble! Yes, I'm addicted to reading...

3. Extra undies - I think I learned this from my mom. You always bring an extra pair of panties, just in case. 'Cause you can put up with a lot, and face a lot of unexpected troubles, as long as you have fresh undies in the morning! (or is it just me?!?)

4. Camera - those photo ops show up sometimes when you least expect them. And even if you don't end up using it, it doesn't hurt to bring it.

5. Shoes for every occasion - I know, it often makes no sense, they take up way to much room, and you don't end up using them all, but I just can't not pack them.

There's nothing particularly odd or cool that I routinely bring with me. Though my husband and I used to travel with his brown teddy bear pillow and camoflage blanket from the guards because they were comfy!

No comments: