Tuesday, July 01, 2008

First 90 degree day of the Summer

Whew! Today was our first truly scalding hot day. The flowers are lookin' sad. The grass is browning and turning crunchy in spots. Sigh. We are now entering my NOT favorite part of the year. Holiday plans for the end of the week are still up in the air, which is fine. Hubby is still recovering from the stomach flu, so we'll play it by ear.

Lil' Princess had Day 2 of swimming lessons and is thoroughly enjoying herself. Her instructor is great with her, and seems to understand how to coax her out of her fears and doubts. I just sit back, read my book, and listen to her delighted laughter, and sneak quick peaks of her giant grins.

I'm attempting to ponder texts for the upcoming Sunday. I feel tugged towards the second lesson, Romans 7:15-25. I do what I don't want to do, and don't do what I do want to do....consequenses of sin in our lives. Such a cycle we're caught in - we know the good, but we can't truly live it. I'd like to talk about taking sin seriously, because I think our American culture has pretty much erased the very concept of sin for many. But I also want to talk about taking grace seriously, living as forgiven saints, humble in our rebirth. Ponder, ponder, ponder!

No comments: