Sunday, June 08, 2008

Thinking About the Week

Tired, tired, tired...

Today I managed to pull out a good sermon (if I may toot my own horn, several members called it "inspiring") while doing three worship services, visited a member who is sick, did a nursing home service, and visited a member in the hospital. And now I need to prepare for tomorrow morning's VBS, which I've had NO prep time for as of yet.

And I just want to go to bed. Now

This is going to be another week of push, push, push. I need to visit another member who is dying, and help his family plan the funeral. I need to finish planning the church's anniversary worship service. I need to plan the music, the skits, and the older kids' classes for Mon - Fri VBS. I need to meet with the women to plan the reception for after the anniversary worship. And then there's the endless usual ministry and home tasks that need to get done.

It's a challenge not to get overwhelmed. I need to stay focused, and calm. Dealing with depression makes this all the more challenging, because it makes it harder to see solutions and feel positive about what I am capable of doing.

So here we go. Take it piece by piece, and day by day, and sleep when I can. Sounds like a plan!

No comments: