Monday, March 03, 2008

Technology Woes

Holy Week is fast approaching, and my wonderful long-distance church secretary (she lives 30 miles away in another state and works from home, we communicate primarily through email and phone calls) dropped off a 3by5 disc of the services they have done in the past so that I could figure out what to do this year. For some reason the files wouldn't transmit over email, we can't figure that one out. So we have to do this via disc.

Anyway.

So I'm finally well enough to get busy and get working on these services, which is good considering that they're not that far away! Time to get busy! I get out the disc, and proceed to try to put it in my computer. And try. And try. And try. This lovely new-fangled computer that my husband convinced me to purchase this year apparantly doesn't have a drive that accepts the 3by5 disc. It takes CDs and DVRs, it takes Mobile Disc Drive and a bunch of other things that I don't even understand. But it's too advanced for the good ol' 3by5.

Crap.

OK, plan B! I'm not sure what plan B is just yet, but I'm sure it will be impressive...

Oh is hubby going to hear about this one!

No comments: