Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Never Works Out Quite as You Expect

Things just have not turned out the way I thought they would for this weekend. Because of poor weather, I won't be able to got away for the weekend, and now I've been asked to be a speech tournament judge all day Saturday at one of the local high schools.

Funny how things work out. I am actually excited to be part of the speech tournament. I loved competing during high school, and in the back of my mind I'd always hoped to be involved as an adult. I hope this will be a first step to this being something fun for me to be involved in, and a great way for me to have a greater involvement in local communities.

I do feel disappointment that I couldn't get away, but at least I still don't have to lead worship and preach on Sunday, and I'll be here for hubby's birthday on Friday. So Lil' Princess and I will finish our shopping for him tomorrow, and bake him a cake. She really wants me to decorate it with a dragon, but I think my cake decorating abilities would be pretty strained by a dragon! I'll have to think about how to manage this one. Another nice thing will be worshiping together. She and I will go to the later of RevDad's services. We get to sleep in!! Whoo-hoo!!

No comments: