Sunday, March 16, 2008

And So It Begins

Palm/ Passion Sunday is always such a good yet difficult day to walk through. You're trying to do so much, and so much GOOD stuff, can you really do it justice? It went pretty well at all three of my congregations, though I did have give up on reading all two chapters of the passion
Gospel, and we read a narrative of the shorter version. I like doing the narrative, since it gets the whole congregation involved in reading and experiencing the trial and death of Christ. To actually be the one to say "Crucify him! Crucify him! Crucify him!" can be quite moving and thought-provoking.

The really cool news is that I'm typing this up on my new church-funded laptop computer!!! I had considered this purchase as a long-term dream that maybe a few years down the line they might consider. Instead, my leadership said, "sounds like a great idea! Go for it!" So yesterday we went to the Really Big Town and found this lovely laptop. RevDad got it all ready today, and now I'm taking it out for a spin. Whee!

It's a nice beginning to Holy Week, a meaningful Palm/Passion Sunday and a new computer that will make work much easier. Now to just make it through Easter with our sanity intact, and we'll call it good!

No comments: