Friday, October 17, 2008

Render unto...

Time to play this week's RevGalBlogPals' Friday Five!:

"Well, Gals and Pals, this weekend we'll be rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and that has me thinking about coinage".

1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?
Ummmmm.....I can't remember...oh now I remember! The last jr. high volleyball game I went to, the ref and the two teams flipped a coin before the game started, I suppose to decide who served first.

2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?
Yes, besides Canadian coins, I have a few coins left from my trip to Germany in 1989. A 50 pfennige coin for sure, anyway. Of course, it's worthless now, since the switch to the Euro.

3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place?
Neither! Pennies serve a purpose still, though there is a movement out there to recall them and no longer use them. We have a large wine bottle (actually, an empty Mogan David communion wine bottle) that we put all our spare change into every week, most of which ends up being pennies. Every year we use this haul to help fund our family vacation. It never adds up to more than $100, but still, it's kind of fun, especially for Lil' Princess.

4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)
If I remember correctly, I got a quarter. Which was a pretty good deal, considering you could get a bottle of pop for a dime! (It was such a bummer when it went up to a quarter). We have yet to address this at our home, since none of Lil' Princess' teeth have budged. They should any time, though, since she's gotten to the right age. I'm guessing we'll do a silver dollar.

5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?
No one in my household, but my mom and one brother do. She has most of them, and he has two sets, one for each of his sons. RevDad collected a few when they first started coming out, but lost interest almost right away.

No comments: