Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy Weekend

Whew.

My first confirmation retreat with this parish is done! It went very well...the kids loved playing the games and learning the lessons in a more relaxed atmosphere. I love seeing them make the connections between God's Word and their lives. And I also love watching them have a blast, totally relaxed and having fun with each other. We held it out at the most remote of my churches, where there is no cell phone signals, and 30 miles to the nearest town. So no distractions!

We talked about the 10 commandments, Moses and the Hebrews wandering in the wilderness, the episode with the golden calf, and a bit about understanding law & gospel. Some of the law/gospel stuff went over their heads, but the rest seemed to make an impact. I even got to teach them some Hebrew!

Now I'm just wiped out. I only had two services today, one got cancelled due to the bad weather and bad roads (ironically, the church at which I just had the retreat), but it was still enough on top of the retreat to make me feel like a limp rag.

But it's a good kind of tired!

No comments: