Thursday, October 02, 2008

Politics

I am sick and tired of politics.

And we still have a month until the presidential election!

My hubby is super into this stuff. He won't get home until 11 pm tonight, but won't go to bed until he's watched the Vice Presidential debate, which he taped. I, who could have watched it, listened in for a few minutes, felt naseous, and channel surfed instead.

Now, I know these things matter for the future of our country. People feel very passionate about the many different philosophies of how one best approaches domestic and foreign policy. What I hate is when they caste those whose stance is different from theirs as evil, as non-human, as idiotic, as unpatriotic, etc. I mean, come on!!!

The commentary on the debate (the little that I have been willing to listen to) has said that overall both candidates did fine. I'm sure my hubby will tell me alllllllllll about the many details, in detail, tomorrow.

Sigh.

I do care about who wins. I think it would be a Definate mistake to put McCain and Palin in the White House. I just think that we should be able to have a more bipartisan spirit as we all seek to make good decisions for our country, and for many people around the world.

But then I suppose that makes me a naive idiot when in comes to how things really have to work. Blech!!!

1 comment:

LoieJ said...

Sometimes when I get compulsive about watching the news or reading the news and opinion on the web, I remind myself that what will be will be, even if I don't watch/read about it, and that helps me let go. I'm not implying that I let go of caring or that I let go of expressing my opinion or voting, etc. but I let go of thinking that knowing all that is going on makes any difference in the outcome. Ditto with other big things in the news. They are compelling to watch on TV, but that is really, in an odd sense, entertainment. Watching doesn't make the situations improve. If watching makes me give money or do something, that is different, but watching, alone, does nothing.