Saturday, December 08, 2007

Something to Celebrate

Yat-dat-dat-da! (trumpet flourish)

I am ready for Sunday morning, and it is only 9 pm Saturday night!!!

For me, this is something of a record. Granted, it's because I was able to rework an old sermon from my previous call, but still, it FEELS GREAT!

Sermon's done - check
Children's special Advent message props and message ready - check
Copies of next week's Advent Bible study session ready to hand out - check
Outfit picked out and ready for tomorrow - check
Prayers of the People ready to go - OK, so there's still one thing left to do.

That and I need to practice the messages, which I'll do in the car on the way to the first service. It's a 30 minute drive, so might as well use the time for that!

Right after my last service tomorrow, Lil' Princess and I go to one of her Dad's churches for a special lunch. They're having their Christmas program followed by lunch, all of which they specially rescheduled just FOR ME, so that I could make it in time for the meal. They want to meet me, and get to know me. No pressure!

So, I'm going to bed now. Before midnight! Now there's something to be thankful for.

No comments: