Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sermon Musings

You know what? Migraines and sermon writing just don't mix.

Tomorrow is the first Sunday in Advent, I'm starting the special Children's time in worship to emphasize the season's themes, I've got the confirmation students lined up to do the Advent candle lighting and readings...

A sermon would be a good thing to have ready too, you'd think! I'm still not used to preaching every week, and this grinding migraine has definitely gummed up the works this weekend. So what in the world am I going to say tomorrow?

I've just finished a whole special series that touched on death, heaven, and the Second Coming. I really don't want to go there again tomorrow. I suppose I could do a straight "Welcome to Advent" sermon, but that feels like I'm ignoring the texts. Hmmmm, I have much more mulling to do, but it will have to wait until I get done preparing for and leading tonight's Advent Bible study. (and whose dumb idea was it to schedule a pastor-led Bible study on a Saturday night, you ask?? Why, that would be crazy me, who needs to learn how to say "No"!)

At least the migraine is beginning to back off, and I can think again. So it's off to the races!

No comments: