Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Contact

Today was the first pre-natal exam. It went well, I am very impressed with my doctor. Such a different experience from the last time! My previous doctor didn't take much time, wasn't interested in what I had to say, and left you feeling a bit lost after a visit. My new doctor in our new area is sooo the opposite! She takes her time with you, asks lots of questions, listens carefully, encourages your questions and information. And is gentle in the pelvic exam!!! (a new experience for me!)

The best part of today was listening to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. There's something amazing about that moment. For me, up to that point you know you're pregnant, but it doesn't seem entirely real. After you hear that beating, it is so real, you start to truly fathom that there is this little person growing inside of you. It's a pretty awesome moment!

Now I'm anxious for the ultrasound...I want to see this kid! It will be another 9 weeks or more before that will happen. Time to be patient!

No comments: