Monday, February 02, 2009

Changes

It's a quiet night. Hubby is away at meetings, and won't be back till Wednesday. Lil' Princess is tucked in her bed, finally asleep after worrying about the fact that Daddy isn't around to watch over her while she sleeps (the fire prevention program at the school a few months ago freaked her out a bit, and she still worries.) I'm ignoring my mental list of all the things I should be getting done before I go to bed - sorry laundry! - , and instead am lounging on my couch watching HGTV.

As I watch shows about people fixing up their houses, I'm pondering some reorganization that needs to happen around the house. It's exciting to visualize how nice these changes will be, but I'm not excited about all the stuff that has to be sorted through. It's ridiculous how much stuff we've accumulated over the years. What do we do with it? What do we keep, what should go? It's way too easy for me to get overwhelmed before I even start.

Soooo...I'm trying to come up with a do-able battle plan. A little at a time, really think through better organization options, focus on the prize waiting at the end of all the hard work. So, tomorrow I get a start on the first room - our bedroom. So, dust bunnies beware! I'm coming for you!

No comments: