Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baby Days

Today was the big day - I made the announcement to the congregations. The news was met with great joy, and almost all the ladies said "Oh, I suspected!"

We had the annual meeting for the largest my congregations, and I was so moved and appreciative by the expressions of support for me and my family at it. They are working very intentionally and compassionately on a new worship schedule that will be more do-able while largely pregnant, and with a newborn. And I was soundly lectured that if I need absolutely ANYTHING I am to let them know, and if I'm too sick on a Sunday morning, I am to stay home and they'll take care of it...even last minute with little warning.

I am so blessed...and so grateful for my people. They are folks who truly know how to do community. We have a good number of people who are going through some really tough times medically, and they are so supported, loved and cared for as they go through their struggles.



So we are beginning to adjust, and get things ready. I will lose my office, it's the best room to be the nursery. I'm glad to give it up to such a good cause, its just that I still need office space. My sis-in-law came up with a good idea...we only use the "formal" dining room when we have visitors, and it is open to the living room and right next to the dining room. She suggests that we transform that into the office, since it will be so accessible for taking care of baby. The only downside is that I can't close a door and have privacy, peace and quiet. But I think it's the best idea.

Most of our baby things are stored at RevDad's family farm, many, many miles away. So we are also trying to figure out how to get there, sort through all the stuff, and get all of it back here. I'd like to do it before I get big bellied, but hubby wants to wait for a few more months. I have such a mommy-nesting need at the moment to get it all sorted and hauled NOW, so I think I might just have to go buy a baby outfit to get my fix!

I have a sneaking suspicion that my entries for a while are going to be nauseatingly baby-related, but hey, that's where my mind is now!

No comments: