Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Can I sleep yet?

It was a good morning, all three services went well, with decent turn-outs at each. I had no problem on the back roads to the country church, though my car is even more filthy now. I found myself missing special music, organ music, and trumpets playing for Easter, but none of my congregations are able to supply those. They were meaningful services nonetheless, and it was a beautiful morning. I was pleased with the sermon, which is always a good feeling.

I got home an hour before RevDad and Lil' Princess. As I dragged my carcass into the house, my first thought was, "I'm so tired I could puke." And I meant it! But I still needed to make lunch. By some miracle, it turned out OK, considering I was stumbling around the kitchen like a zombie. Though there were some bumps on the way! I took the outer wrapping off the precooked ham, but forgot about the paper-like covering still on it until about halfway through the cooking process. Oops. It turned out yummy anyway. When I put together the green bean casserole, I grabbed the wrong can, and put in cream of celery instead of cream of mushroom soup. The rest of the family was not impressed, but I thought it tasted all right. Some really good corn and fruit salad rounded out the menu. Not bad for being half conscious through the process of putting it together!

Our Easter afternoon has been quiet and low-key. Called relatives to wish them Happy Easter. We've watched Mary Poppins and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (older version). I managed to doze off for a couple of minutes, but both RevDad and I are trying to stay up till bedtime, so we get a good night's sleep. An egg bake with cheese and leftover ham for supper, and now Lil' P is playing with the things from her Easter basket.

And I just want to go to bed for the night! It was a nice Easter, and I'm glad to be done for another year.

No comments: