Friday, March 30, 2007

My Husband...Divine!?!

For the last 10 years or so, my congregation has put on "The Living Last Supper" on Wednesday and Thursday of Holy Week. It is a dramatic presentation of the Last Supper with Jesus and the 12 disciples. For the last 5 years or so, they have gone to the state penitentiary to perform it for the St. Dysmus congregation there. This year, my quiet, reserved, shy husband agreed to play Jesus in the drama! I about fell over when he said yes. Last night I went with to the performance at the prison. It was awesome! All the guys all did a great job, and Hubby was wonderful. I am so proud of him! The inmates really appreciated it, and it was moving to share communion with them.

When I get a picture of Hubby and the rest of the cast in their costumes, I'll post it. It will be interesting to see what Lil' Princess thinks when she sees the drama this coming Wednesday. I can just hear her yelling out to him, "Daddy, what are you doing?! Are you Jesus?!" His mom, dad, sister, two nieces and nephew will be here for the Wednesday performance, so that will be really exciting. And a bit nerve-wracking for him!

No comments: