Friday, October 16, 2009

RevGals Friday Five - Happy Feet


This week's Friday Five is about footwear...and is kinda fun!

1. What is your favorite footwear at this time in your life?
I have a pair of brown Mary Jane slip-ons that are sooooo comfortable and look pretty spiffy. I like the combination of comfy and pretty, which can be hard to find.

2. What was the craziest shoe, boot, or sandal you ever wore?
Ya know, I know that I'm pretty boring, because I can't think of a single crazy one! The closest is a pair of soft sneakers I had in high school that had a zipper pocket on each shoe. The pockets were just big enough to put a couple of coins in it. I thought it was so cool that I would always be able to have enough change to make a phone call if I needed to (in those ancient times before cell phones, and pay phones were everywhere).

3. What kind of shoes did you wear in your childhood?
Tennis shoes or black flats (which we wore without socks, even in the middle of winter) for school. Dressy flats for church and other dress-up events, back when you actually dressed up for church.

4. How do you feel most comfortable? Barefoot, flip-flops, boots, or what?
When I'm hanging around the house, I prefer to be barefoot even in winter, which my husband thinks is crazy. When I have to wear shoes, I run around in tennis shoes or other comfy shoes.

5. What kind of socks do you like, if any?
Soft white cotton...have you picked up on the focus on comfortable?

Bonus: Anything you want to share about feet or footwear.
I have just recently discovered the joys of a good pedicure, so I'm actually taking better care of my feet, instead of ignoring them. I am so low-maintenance in my personal grooming, but I am discovering the fun of paying more attention to such things. Who knows, maybe a manicure is actually in my future!

No comments: