Friday, September 19, 2008

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

I haven't done one of these for a while, so thought this would be a good one to jump back in with.

"It's that time of year, at least north of the equator. The windows are still open, but the darned furnace comes on early in the morning. My husband went out for a walk after an early supper and came home in full darkness. And yes, where we live, leaves are beginning to turn. As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:"

1) A fragrance
Hmmm...I don't quite know how to explain this, but fall just smells different. Each season has its own scent, and I always welcome the scent of fall, which is one of my favorite times of the year.

2) A color
There is a hill on the edge of my hometown that looks like a beautiful patch-work quilt in the fall when the leaves change - yellows, oranges, reds and browns of many hues. It would take my breath away every year. The bright reds on the maple trees in particular are my favorites.

3) An item of clothing
I love that fall gives me the good excuse to put on one of my snuggly warm sweaters. I love wearing a cardigan sweater, especially a super soft black one I have that feels like being wrapped in a blanket.

4) An activity
Raking up a big pile of leaves and jumping in it with my daughter of course! Is there any other???

5) A special day
The first day of school. Even though I'm no longer in school, there's something about that ingrained rhythm in our lives. The anticipation of the first day, all the great supplies you had to go shopping for, the chance to learn something new. I still love it, and I'm glad that Lil' Princess gets to be a part of it now.

No comments: