Friday, November 16, 2007

Yawn

I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open.

Why don't I just go to bed, you ask?

'cause it would take too much energy to get off my butt, wash my face, take my pill, put on my jammies, and crawl into bed.

How very pathetic.

It's been a long week. Funerals, sick and cranky child, distant husband, messy house, and so many needs in the parish waiting to be met.

On the bright side, we have wonderful dear friends coming to visit us this week, and some lovely down time for just the three of us over Thanksgiving. And my nice snuggly bed waiting for me across the hall. My dad has told me many a time that he's gotten to the point in his life where a nap, or sleep, is "delicious." I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm totally in sync with him on this. When we count blessings this coming week for our Thanksgiving celebration, sleep will be on my list!

What else is on the list?
1. Family, near and far. I love you and miss you!
2. Sweet moments of snugglies or silliness with my girl.
3. Kind and warm church communities.
4. Meaningful work.
5. Comfortable home, plenty to eat, clothes to wear. Many are not so lucky.
6. Forms of communication over long distance - phones and internet.
7. Friends who don't let miles stop the love.
8. Quiet content peaceful moments with my hubby.
9. Chocolate and diet Coke
10. God's faithfulness through all things.

So many more to list, but there's a good start for Thursday. Now, it's off to bed. My pillow calls my name with the soft promise of release and dreams.

Nighty night!

No comments: