Friday, April 02, 2010

How Time Flies


Wow, can you tell we have a baby???? I can't believe I haven't posted since Thanksgiving.

We are in the midst of Holy Week.

Maundy Thursday service was positive. I was pleased with my meditation, which was focused on the definitions of love. Turn-out was OK, I was disappointed that so few people from the congregation hosting the service showed up. Basically, just those who were involved in the divesting were there. As always, it seemed like my girls were the highlight of the service for everyone. Even the one particular woman who does not like me is so sweet and patient with Lil' Princess, she makes a point of connecting with her and being kind to her. And of course EVERYONE, including the gruff old ranchers, want to take care of Sweet Baby. The first one to reach for her when I got there was one of these guys!

Tonight is Good Friday. I'm showing the Power Point of pictures from the Way of the Cross walk we experienced in Yarnell AZ in 2005. RevDad remembered this presentation I did back then, and so we're both using it. Just had to do a little rewriting. It really is a powerful way to walk through the events of Good Friday. RevDad gets the girls tonight, which is a relief for me. I don't regularly use a projector like him, so I am a bit anxious about getting it all set up and working.

Still haven't written anything for Easter. Not sure what I'm going to say. I find I need to get through Thursday and Friday before I can really focus on the resurrection message, so Saturday will be a busy day. We will also be coloring eggs and decorating, and both girls will be their usual demanding selves, so it will be the usual crazy balancing act!

No comments: