Friday, July 31, 2009

RevGalPals Friday Five - Silliness

Today’s Friday Five celebrates the spontaneous child in all of us… or at least the one that we admire in someone else:

1) On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being I can’t do this now I am about to jump into a pit of plastic balls at the mini-mall and 1 being I can’t do this now until I can get all of the fonts on my blog to match – where are you?
Ooooh, it depends on the day! Actually, it depends on the grumpiness quotient of the day. When the grumpies hit, I'm the one raining on the parade (depression SUCKS). On regular days, I'm probably a 3.5. A 4 on special occasions. As I've gotten older and added responsibilities, spontenatity has definitely lessened. I was the one who was ready on a moment's notice to go do something silly and fun. Now, not so much. Darn, all those adult responsibilites!

2) What is the silliest/most childlike thing you have done as an adult?
I went to a Halloween party dressed as Jael, with the bloody looking tent peg & mallet and everything. I won first prize in the Biblically-themed costume category!

3) Any regrets?
No, I don't think I regret any of my adult occasions of silliness. There are a few adolescent occasions of silliness I wish I could erase!

4) What is the silliest thing you have ever seen another adult do on purpose?
Ummm, the ones I can think of came about because the persons in question imbibed too much alcohol, so I don't know if they really count.

5) What is something you wish you did when you had the chance?
Travel abroad!!! During college and then again at seminary, I had the opportunity to do so, but passed them up over fears about money. I really wish I had just gone for it!

BONUS: For our ‘I told you so’ sides – what thing did you skip doing and you’re really glad you did!
I'm glad that I didn't accept some invitations to some parties that ended up being excuses for adults to act like immature adolescents. I enjoy silliness yes, but stupidity, no.

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Yah, the grumpies will sap childlike spontanaity right outta ya!

And I, too, am all for silly but not at all for stupidity, especially of the party variety.

Did that sound grumpy? haha